I have realized the lovelyness of talkkuna (roasted oat, barley and pea flour) and am working on including it in different recepies. This is a small cake, planned to be done with just two eggs. I got a new pan for it. It is longish and traditionally designed. In fact, it proved to be just the right pan for this cake. The cake was baked in just under half an hour and the white chocolate made its way down to form a neat arch that was on top once the cake was turned out.
1/2 C sugar
100 g butter (3.5 oz), melted
1/4 C flour
1/4 C talkkuna (roasted oat, barley and pea flour)
1 tsp baking powder
80 g white chocolate (3 oz), roughly chopped
3 tbsd cranberries
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Mix in the flours.
- Mix in the cranberries and the white chocolate.
- Spoon into an oiled and floured cake tin.
- Bake c. 30 mins. in 190 C.